Nordea’s banking app allows you to perform basic banking services. These banking services are covered by Nordea’s general terms and conditions “Nordea's Internet and Telephone Services” (or if applicable, “Nordea's Internet and Telephone Services for minors”). For information about Nordea’s processing of personal data in connection with the services, see the general terms and conditions, that you find in the menu under “Terms & conditions”.
In order to enable you to use the banking app, certain personal data is processed in the banking app and the banking app needs to have access to a number of elements in your phone, as shown below.
The Banking app accesses the following elements in your phone
- Access to the Internet – in order for the banking app to communicate with Nordea’s servers and systems in connection with the execution of banking services and in other communication with Nordea.
- Access to the phonebook – in order to facilitate transactions to your financial contacts.
- Access to gallery – in order to allow the use of images in connection with transactions. When using images, the image is stored in your device and will not be stored by Nordea.
- Access to camera - in order to use QR-code reader.
The banking app processes the following personal data
- Account details, effected transactions, upcoming transactions and similar – in order for you to be able to perform banking services via the banking app, updated account and transaction data is processed as long as the app is activated.
- Personal identity number- for easier login, you can choose to save your personal identity number on the login screen. Your personal code will not be stored and must always be filled in at login.
- Financial contacts – in order to carry out payments and transfers, the name and account details of your financial contacts are processed.
- IP addresses – in order to prevent and investigate various forms of criminal attacks and incidents Nordea logs IP addresses. The information may be disclosed to law enforcement authorities.
The banking app will not disclose personal data to third parties, except to the extent that this is required in order to perform the tasks assigned by you as customer, for example for performing a payment. All information used for performing banking services are cleared from the banking app when the session ends and the app closes.
Nordea Bank AB (publ) is the data controller for the processing of your personal data. For further information on your rights please contact Nordea Bank AB, Privacy Manager (Personuppgiftsfunktionen), 105 71 Stockholm.